Are we the company you’ve been looking for?
We believe that work should enhance your life, not take away from it. We don’t just pound nails into wood. We build enjoyment – by pursuing craft excellence and by identifying and working in our unique abilities. If you enjoy building and want to work with your strengths, if you want your work to be appreciated and valued, if you want to work with people you like and respect, you’ll fit in here. We’re hiring talented and friendly carpenters who want to build both a great career and great homes.
Why work for us?
- We hire for a long term career fit. Most of the people at Spencer & Company have been with us for 10+ years. We want to help you build a life and a fulfilling career where you love coming to work
- We pay great salaries and benefits. You’ll have the means to give your family the lifestyle they deserve and save for retirement
- Our work is in high demand. We keep work booked out for the better part of a year, and business has been stable even through the past recession and the current pandemic
- Your craftsmanship can be regionally recognized. We have received awards for best historic renovation. Are often featured in Cape Cod home and New England Home
- We’re located in Chatham, MA a wonderful place to raise a family. It’s big enough that you aren’t missing out on anything, and small enough that we have a great sense of community
Who Are You?
Our lead carpenters are highly skilled craftsmen with great people skills to match. If you have perfected the art of carpentry, you want to work with this team. We guarantee you will learn new things.
We’re very focused on our company culture and hire humble, kind, hardworking people of integrity. We have great rapport with each other and avoid the drama and personality clashes you might find at larger companies.
- $65,000 – $80,000 annually, depending on experience.
- Company matched 401k retirement plan.
- 2 Weeks paid vacation
- Fuel Reimbursement
- 10+ years of residential carpentry experience.
- Proficient in framing & Finish work
- Good team working skills, you will often be working with others.
- Kind, friendly, personable demeanor. We love working with positive people. So do our clients.
- Controlled work hours – we have families and we like to spend time with them. Our work should enhance our lives, not take away from them.
- You’ll be able to work close to home. Most of our work is in town or within a 15 minute drive to Chatham. Typically that is Orleans, Harwich, and Chatham.
- You’ll work with people that like, respect and support each other. We’re a small company of 8 people, we all work hard and have fun while we do.
- You’ll be rewarded for your hard work, with opportunities for production bonuses. We want to help you thrive and give your family the lifestyle they deserve.
- You’ll be supported by your company. The job requires new tools? We’ll order them. Need time off to spend with your family? You got it. We want you to love working here and live the life you want when you’re not at work.
- You can work a long career with us. We provide a company matched 401k retirement plan after 1 year of working with us.
- You can learn, grow and advance as much as you like.
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Carpentry: 5 years (Preferred)
- One location
We would love to hear from you
Think you could thrive here? Please contact us through this job posting or our website.
We’ll look forward to getting to know you.